Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981


 Since a new Indiana Jones movie is coming out I think it is good time to revisit the first one. However this is the one that almost was. Most people know Selleck was originally cast but there were a lot of changes before it was finally filmed. The synopsis on the back of the DVD cover above will cover some of them. I first heard about Toht's mechanical arm when I got the book "Raiders of the Lost Ark: the Illustrated Screenplay and page 87 had a storyboard drawing of a very different Toht than we know today. 

The illustration I used for the front cover is from an old Playboy and I believe Joann Daly is the artist.

Comments

  1. That would have been a very different movie. Although they are all very good actors, I think we ended up with the best cast.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Police XYZ 1987

KISS Hot in the Shade 1989