Blue Oyster Cult Imaginos 1988

 


I'm posting this early because I will be away camping on Saturday, which is appropriate because this came about because of a comment made coming back from camping one time. As we headed back from a trip I saw a street named Bouchard. I asked my friend "Wasn't that the name of the brothers in Blue Oyster Cult?" He proceeded to tell me how one of the brothers had an idea for a concept album having to do John Dee, an occultist in the court of Elizabeth, and a mystical black mirror.
Well, I was intrigued and when I got back to my room I fell down the rabbit hole that is the story of Imaginos on the internet. I found the original demos by Albert Bouchard were readily available on the web and I ordered the CD that Blue Oyster Cult put out after Albert was no longer in the band. Co-incidentally Albert had recently released his own version of the album, which I also got.
The version I put together is if B.O.C. continued with Albert Bouchard to make the ultimate version.
It opens with an introduction by Stephen King that was released on a single with "Astronomy", it can be found on the Blue Oyster Cult Rarities album. Most of the songs are from the B.O.C. Imaginos album except "The Girl That Love made Blind" and "Siege and Investiture of Baron Von Frankenstein's Castle" are from Albert Bouchard's Imaginos and "Gil Blanco County" from Bouchard's original demo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Police XYZ 1987

Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981

KISS Hot in the Shade 1989