Electric Light Orchestra ZOOM 2001




 When I heard there was to be a new Electric Light Orchestra album in 2001 I was excited. It had been decades since the last. Despite how good it was I was disappointed that the only other member of the band besides Jeff Lynne was keyboardist Richard Tandy and he only appeared on one song. In 2001 The Orchestra released No Rewind with members including Kelly Groucutt, Mik Kaminski and Louis Clark. It was quite a good album and I would have included songs "Jewel and Johnny" and "Over London Skies" but the vocals were by Eric Troyer who wasn't in the E.L.O. so I used "Before We Go" sung by Kelly Groucutt who did vocals on the some of the classic E.L.O. songs.

However I wanted to include Bev Bevan since he had been on all the E.L.O. albums until then. I went back to 1995 for A Matter of Trust by Electric Light Orchestra Part II with Bevan, Groucutt, Kaminski and Clark. I chose "Blue Violin" written by Groucutt and Kaminski as well as Interludes 3, 2 and 1 by Louis Clark.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHnLE0OxajEx9QvsopWNfzXBlOWNiqCO&si=40Wt-Zf-PApXfZOu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Police XYZ 1987

Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981

KISS Hot in the Shade 1989