The Go-Go's Shades of Michaelangelo 1989



 As the '80s were ending the Go-Go's were no longer together but they were all busy. Belinda Carlisle and Jane Wiedlin were regularly putting out new albums, Charlotte Caffey was joined by Meredith Brooks and Gia Cambotti as The Graces, Gina Schock put out the album House of Schock and though Kathy Valentine didn't record anything she was busy playing with her band The World's Cutest Killers.

For this Go-Go's reimagining I chose "Leave a Light On", "Summer Rain", "Runaway Horses", "(We Want) the Same Thing" and "Shades of Michaelangelo" from Carlisle's 1989 album Runaway Horses, from Jane Wiedlin's album Tangled recorded in 1989 I picked "Rain on Me" and "99 Ways", from the 1988 album House of Schock I used "Middle of Nowhere" and from The Graces 1989 album Perfect View I chose "Time Waits for No One". I also picked another song from Perfect View, "Lay Down Your Arms", but instead of The Graces version I replaced it with Belinda Carlisles' cover from her album Real since she was the lead singer for the Go-Go's

I also put it together as a playlist on YouTube: The Go-Go's 1989 Shades of Michaelangelo - YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Police XYZ 1987

Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981

KISS Hot in the Shade 1989