The Monkees 1994 All Four One

 


     Peter was the first to leave the group and the Monkees had to find a way to carry on. Even though they had been put together as band for a sitcom they had become a real band.  After the show went off the air, Davy Jone, Michael Nesmith and Micky Dolenz put out a couple more albums in 1969. In the 1970 the Monkees album Changes just had Dolenz and Jones.
     In 1986 MTV and Nickleodeon started airing the old series and there was a renewed interest in the band. Tork rejoined Jones and Dolenz touring once again. In 1987 the three released a new Monkees album called Pool It!. All four did get together for an album in 1996 but this imagining would have them get together two years earlier. 
     I chose three songs from Tork's 1994 solo album Stranger Things Have Happened, the title song, "Sea Change" and "Tender Is". Dolenz put out an album called Broadway Micky.  I had to include his cover of Harry Nilsson's "Me and My Arrow" since the Monkees had recorded two Nilson songs previously. I also grabbed "My Favorite Things" and "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" from Micky's album. 1994 Nesmith put out an album with a book called "The Garden". It was all music except for one song. I used the song, "Life Becoming" and the opening piece, "Garden's Glow". For Jones all I could find from 1994 was a reworking of "Daydream Believer".

YouTube would not let me add "You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile" or "My Favorite Things" but they are here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981

WHAM! Sons of Jack and Albert 1990

Panic Room Nicole Kidman 2002