The Singing 60's

 



I've done fictional bands of '80s before and now I have thirteen fictional '60s bands. Harry Shearer, Michael McKean and Christopher appear again as Spinal Tap (before they went heavy metal) and those three are also here as The Folksmen. Eric Idle's Beatles parody, The Rutles, had to be included. Eric Idle also makes an appearance with Peter Noone as London's Bridges from an episode of "Laverne and Shirley". From the tv series "Gilligan's Island" I used their Beatles parody, The Mosquitoes. I have Frankie Avalon as Potato Bug from Bikini Beach. I chose a different Wonders song instead of the title track of That Thing You Do. From other movies about fictional musicians I used Grace Of My Heart, Eddie and the Cruisers, Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox Story and Inside Llewyn Davis. Peter Cook makes an appearance as Drimble Wedge singing (?) "Bedazzled" from the movie of the same name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAM! Sons of Jack and Albert 1990

Raiders of the Lost Ark with Tom Selleck 1981

Panic Room Nicole Kidman 2002