Gimmicky Bands of the '70s (Saturday morning kid's show bands)

 



    In the 1970s bands needed to have a "hook". They couldn't just be musicians, no, they had to be musicians who solved crimes, or had animal members, monsters, fairies, etc. Since I did fictional bands of the '60s and '80s, I decided to do something different with the '70s. The amount of pop music written for American kid's shows in the late sixties and seventies is staggering. Most of the "bands" I included had an album put out by labels like Decca and Capitol. The Josie and the Pussycats here is different from the one I had on this blog before. The cartoon was popular enough to release a record announcing, "now a real live group!". Cheryl Ladd was one of the members, then going by Cherie Moor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League

Violin Music of Sherlock Holmes

The Defenders- a 1980 superhero tv movie